Scope and Content Note
This collection contains records from a variety of student, faculty, staff, joint and ad hoc committees at Bates College. Records include correspondence; reports; meeting minutes and meeting books, including excerpts from faculty meeting minutes; event programs; publications produced by committees; newspaper clippings and assorted resource material.
Records are closed to researchers for 20 years from date of creation. Consult Archives staff for more information.
The collection is the physical property of Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library. Bates College holds literary rights only for material created by College personnel working on official behalf of the College, or for material which was given to the College with such rights specifically assigned. For all other material, literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission from rights holders for publication or other purposes that exceed fair use.
Various types of committees exist at Bates, most of which are represented in these records. Committees of faculty, staff, students, and combinations of all three operate regularly, as well as ad hoc and temporary committees.
7 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This collection contains records from a variety of student, faculty, staff, joint and ad hoc committees at Bates College. Records include correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, event programs and publications.
Organization and Arrangement
The collection is organized into five series: Honors Committee; Academic Standing Committee; Committee on Investments in South Africa; Priorities Committee; and Single-folder Committees.
- Bates College (Lewiston, Me.) -- Archives
- Bates College (Lewiston, Me.) -- Planning
- Bates College (Lewiston, Me.) -- Administration
- School management and organization -- Maine -- Lewiston
- Student participation in administration -- Maine -- Lewiston
- Teacher participation in administration -- Maine -- Lewiston
- Universities and college -- Administration
- Universities and colleges -- Planning
- Guide to the Committees records, 1919-2009
- Edited Full Draft
- Elaine Ardia
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in: English
- Edition statement