Alumni Clubs records
These records contain correspondence, mass mailings, secretary's and treasurer's ledgers, member lists, financial records, and handbooks relating to the activities of various regional alumni clubs, as well as the college-sponsored College Key.
Administrative records are restricted to public access for 20 years from the date of their creation. Please consult Archives staff for more information.
The collection is the physical property of Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library. Bates College holds literary rights only for material created by College personnel working on official behalf of the College, or for material which was given to the College with such rights specifically assigned. For all other material, literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission from rights holders for publication or other purposes that exceed fair use.
Organized clubs - both regional and college-sponsored - have been in existence since not long after the founding of Bates College. The oldest club on record in the Archives is the "Boston and Vicinity" club, whose first meeting was held in 1885. One of the precursor groups to today's College Key, the College Club, was founded in Lewiston in 1891. Currently, there are a number of local and regional clubs and networks for Bates Alumni, as well as the College Key.
7 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Organization and Arrangement
The records are organized into two series -- College Key and Local Clubs -- and are arranged alphabetically by folder title within each series.
- Guide to the Alumni Clubs records, 1885-2001
- Edited Full Draft
- Pat Webber
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is in: English
- Edition statement