Skip to main content

Playbills -- English 4A Players, 1930-1938

 File — Box: 2
Identifier: CA1202/09

Scope and Content Note

From the Series:

Contains correspondence, research notes, the club history and constitution, programs, a newsletter, playbills, and material about the opening of the Schaeffer Theater. The "research" folders contain correspondence and research papers from students in a 1978 class researching past plays performed by the Robinson Players. Also includes several 1" reel to reel videotapes of plays performed by the group.

The Robinson Players was founded in 1922 as the 'English 4A Players,' by Professor Craig Baird, being named after the class designation in the English department. The group was renamed in 1938, in honor of its longtime director, Professor Grosvenor Robinson, after his retirement.


  • 1930-1938

Access Restrictions

This collection is open for research.


From the Collection: 14.5 Linear Feet

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English

General Physical Description note

Repository Details

Part of the Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library Repository

70 Campus Avenue
Lewiston Maine 04240 United States of America
207-755-5911 (Fax)