Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Typescripts and a few manuscripts of more than 400 poems written by Elizabeth Millet Chase, daughter of Bates professor George M. Chase, between 1953 and 1956.
Poems, typescripts, travel journals, correspondence, and other documents concerning the life and work of John Tagliabue, an accomplished poet and professor of English at Bates College. It includes correspondence with a number of Bates faculty and alumni and well known poets, including Allen Ginsberg and Donald Hall.
Poems, correspondence, and other writings of published poet Pamela Alexander (Bates Class of 1970). The collection includes a significant amount of letters with John Tagliabue, Alexander's professor at Bates College.
The collection is composed of typescript drafts of the literary magazine The Small Pond, published by Cider Press, a small press operated by Bates Professor of Biology Robert Chute and his wife Virginia. Also includes copies of his newsletter and some photo collages.
- Subject: Poets, American -- 20th century X
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Archives 1
- Poetry, Modern -- 20th century 1
- Publishers and publishing -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Bates College (Lewiston, Me.) 2
- Tagliabue, John, 1923-2006 2
- Alexander, Pamela, 1948- 1
- Chase, Elizabeth Millet, 1908-1966 1
- Chute, Robert M. (Robert Maurice), 1926- 1