Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The collection contains correspondence, photographs, diaries, and scrapbooks that document the personal life and ornithological, horticultural, and cultural interests of Daisy Dill Norton. Norton was the long-time secretary of the Stanton Bird Club; a close friend of Alfred Williams Anthony, who gifted to the Club the initial and most significant tract of land that became the Thorncrag Bird Sanctuary; and a frequent contributor to the Lewiston Evening Journal newspaper on birding topics. She...
Dates: 1893-1955, undated
Correspondence, bird counts and notes about bird sightings in and around Portland, Maine compiled by Florence James Cyr, Bates Class of 1933.
Dates: 1974-2003, undated
- Subject: Ornithology -- Maine X
- Bird watching -- Maine 1
- Bird watching -- Maine -- Archives 1
- Gardening -- Maine -- Lewiston 1
- Thorncrag Bird Sanctuary (Lewiston, Me.) 1
- Anthony, Alfred Williams, 1860-1939 1
- Bates College (Lewiston, Me.) 1
- Cyr, Florence E., 1912-2007 1
- Norton, Daisy Dill, 1872-1959 1
- Stanton Bird Club 1