Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The Bates College Oral History Project seeks to document and celebrate the rich and varied history of Bates College by compiling a collection of recorded spoken memories from a variety of individuals closely connected to Bates College, including alumni/alumnae, faculty, staff, presidents and students.
Dates: 1977 - 2011
Abstract Genealogical documents related to the Frye family of Lewiston, Maine, and in particular to John M. Frye, William Robinson Frye, William P. Frye, and Dean Frye.
Abstract The collection contains some of the papers of Pierre Garcelon (1685-1772), William Green Garcelon (1786-1872), Alonzo Garcelon (1813-1906), and Charles Augustus Garcelon (1842-1935), among other family members. Of particular note are William Garcelon's financial records related to the estate of Jackson Davis, an Indian agent for the Penobscot tribe; Civil War letters written by Alonzo Garcelon, Surgeon General of Maine, and C. A. Garcelon, a volunteer in the 16th regiment of Maine volunteers;...
Dates: 1750-2010, undated
Abstract The collection is composed of research material related to early Lewiston/Auburn and Maine history compiled by Bates history professor James Leamon. Of particular note are folders on documents related to the Penobscot Expedition of 1779.
Dates: 1970-1980, undated
Abstract The collection contains 45 inteviews with former textile mill workers in the Lewiston-Auburn area of Maine. The collection was compiled by Museum L-A between 2005 and 2006, and Andrea L'Hommedieu, an oral historian, conducted the interviews.
- Subject: Lewiston (Me.) -- History X
- Bates College (Lewiston, Me.) 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Cavalry Regiment, 15th 1
- Frye family 1
- Frye, Dean 1
- Frye, William P. (William Pierce), 1831-1911 1
- Frye, William Robinson 1
- Garcelon family 1
- Garcelon, Alonzo, 1813-1906 1
- Garcelon, C. A. 1
- Garcelon, Pierre, 1685-1772 1
- Garcelon, William Green 1
- Leamon, James S. 1
- Maine. Governor 1
- Museum L-A 1
- Penobscot Tribe of Maine 1
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 16th (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Wisconsin Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1864) 1 ∧ less