Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Incoming and outgoing correspondence of Fred Pomeroy, Bates Professor of Physics. The majority of the letters are with Bates students and alumni regarding their further education and careers; letters documenting his work with the Stanton Bird Club and Wavus camp are also included. Pomeroy was particularly interested in documenting the number and nature of Bates graduates working in biology.
The collection is composed of a variety of material which documents the founding of the Stanton Bird Club in 1919 and chronicles its history, growth, meetings, programs and activities to the present.
- Names: Stanton Bird Club X
- Bird watching -- Maine 2
- Thorncrag Bird Sanctuary (Lewiston, Me.) 2
- Biology -- Vocational guidance 1
- Gardening -- Maine -- Lewiston 1
- Ornithology -- Maine 1
- Bates College (Lewiston, Me.) 2
- Anthony, Alfred Williams, 1860-1939 1
- Norton, Daisy Dill, 1872-1959 1
- Pomeroy, Fred E., 1877-1960 1
- Stanton, Jonathan Young, 1839-1918 1
- Wavus Camp 1 ∧ less