Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
These records cover a wide variety of topics concerning Bates College, but the majority concern various fundraising efforts and other financial matters. Most of the records are from the Chase and Gray administrations, although there is some material from the Phillips era. Many of the files were likely kept by Harry Rowe, who served as Assistant to the President from 1924 to 1946.
These records contain material pertaining to the administration of Charles Franklin Phillips, President of Bates College from 1944 to 1966.
These records contain a wide variety of files pertaining to the administration of Donald W. Harward, President of Bates College from 1988 to 2002.
These records document the tenure of Elaine Tuttle Hansen as the seventh President of Bates College. Hansen was inaugurated in 2002.
This record group contains catalogs, flyers, reports, event programs, booklets, and brochures produced by the Office of the President and documenting a variety of information regarding the administration of campus-wide special events at Bates College.
This collection contains records from during and after the tenure of Oren B. Cheney as the first President of Bates College (1855-1894). The records include correspondence, donor certificates, and printed and handwritten documents regarding the early work and activities of Bates College, especially relating to the college's relationship to the Free Will Baptists. Notable correspondents include Maine governor Edwin C. Burleigh, and Cheney's successor at Bates, George C. Chase.
This collection contains records pertaining to the administration of Thomas Hedley Reynolds, President of Bates College from 1967 to 1989.
The collection contains a variety of material including correspondence, military records, newsclippings, photographs, transcripts of oral history interviews, honrary degree certificates, scrapbook on the North Atlantic Yacht race, Deerfield Academy yearbooks and diplomas.
- Names: Bates College (Lewiston, Me.). Office of the President X
- Chase, George C. (George Colby), 1844-1919 3
- Reynolds, Thomas H., 1920-2009 3
- Harward, Donald W. 2
- Phillips, Charles F. (Charles Franklin), 1910-1998 2
- Rowe, Harry W. 2
- Bates, Benjamin E., 1862-1902 1
- Burleigh, Edwin C. (Edwin Chick), 1843-1916 1
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching 1
- Carnegie, Andrew, 1835-1919 1
- Cheney, O. B. (Oren B.), 1816-1903 1
- Dingley, Nelson, 1832-1899 1
- Free Will Baptists (1780?-1911) 1
- Frost, Robert, 1874-1963 1
- Frye, William P. (William Pierce), 1831-1911 1
- Gray, Clifton Daggett, 1874-1948 1
- Hale, Edward Everett, 1822-1909 1
- Hansen, Elaine Tuttle, 1947- 1
- Jewett, Sarah Orne, 1849-1909 1
- Laurier, Wilfrid, Sir, 1841-1919 1
- Long, John Davis, 1838-1915 1
- Lowell, Percival, 1855-1916 1
- Phi Beta Kappa 1
- Richards, Laura Elizabeth Howe, 1850-1943 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 1
- Washington, Booker T., 1856-1915 1 ∧ less